'Mastery Level Questions'
21st June 2016
9.00am - 3.00pm
Primary Teachers/HLTA's & Teaching Assistants
£125 per Delegate (please note this is £75 less than their standard fee)
or £200 for 2 Delegates from the same school
To advance pupils' progress from good to great we must build their ability to think like a genius. This one day course will explore the role of questions and questioning techniques in helping pupils move from good to deep understanding in all areas of the curriculum.
- Explore the use of questions in core and non-core subjects as a way of securing outstanding progress
- Understand the three stages of progress: basic, advancing and deep (BAD)
- Define, plan and select 'right time' questions
- Frame questions, structure activities and target support to deepen understanding
- Provide increasing levels of cognitive challenge for children
- Use a range of 3-Dimensional questions to promote higher level thinking
- Explore the use of layered questions to strengthen planning
- Ask an appropriate range of questions
- Create the right conditions for question rich classrooms
- Show tangible evidence of progress beyond 'good'
- Move children from dependency to resilience
- Work towards mastery level for you children
With nearly 30 years experience, Andy has held a wide variety of jobs in education including those of Head Teacher, advisor to Local Authorities, Literacy Consultant and Coach/Mentor to newly appointed Head Teachers.
Andy now works with Chris Quigley Education as a full-time Senior Consultant, supporting schools in both the UK and overseas.