Rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, St Peter’s has approximately 400 children on roll plus approximately 60 children in the Nursery. St Peter’s is a Church School and has close links with the Lichfield Diocese and St Peter & St Paul's Church.
St Peter’s is situated in a residential area in the North Shropshire market town of Wem, 10 miles north of Shrewsbury. Set in spacious grounds, the school has a large playing field and two playgrounds with various shaded seating areas and an adventure play area. We also have an internal courtyard garden where we grow vegetables and keep chickens, currently two. In our spiritual garden children can sit quietly and reflect, and the outdoor environment, which includes our own forest school, is used extensively as a learning resource. Our Foundation Stage also has its own enclosed area which incorporates a large outdoor play area.
The school was built in 1925 and has been sympathetically modernised and extended. There are 15
classrooms equipped with vision panels and most have access to a dedicated intervention room. The large hall is used for PE, school assemblies and also as a dining room. External to the main building there is a music room, library and outdoor learning base.
St Peter's is a Teaching School and provides support and professional development to schools across Shropshire through our Learning Centre.
On 1st June 2018 St Peter's became an academy as part of the formation of Empower Trust. More information about the trust can be found here.